- Take a look at page 2 & 3 for some practice tips and where to hold you hands. I applied stickers to some students keys. They won't last long - but hopefully it will help for a little while to get their fingers in the right place.
- Practice blowing over the hole in just your mouthpiece for at least 3 minutes before putting your flute together!
- Open your book to page 4 and say the names of the notes for songs #1-6 (count rests too!)
- Put together your flute and say the names/do the fingerings.
- Play each song- counting the beats in your head. Repeat at least 2 more times
- Clean your instrument after every time you play!
- Write down how many minutes you practiced on your practice sheet.
Have fun! Make sure you know the names of the notes on the staff!
EGBDF (line notes)
FACE (space notes)