Practice, Practice, Practice!!
- Take a look at page 2 & 3 for some practice tips and where to hold your hands. Left hand on top!!!!
- Make sure you wet your reed down before placing it on the mouthpiece! Be careful putting your ligature on so you don't chip the reed.
- Open your book to page 4 and say the names of the notes for songs #1-6 (count rests too!) Make sure you know the names of the notes on the staff!
EGBDF (line notes)
FACE (space notes)
- Put together your saxophone - adjust your neckstrap so you can comfortably play it without "holding" it up and say the names/do the fingerings.
- Play each song - counting the beats in your head. Repeat at least 2 more times
- Clean your instrument after every time you play!
- Write down how many minutes you practiced on your practice sheet.
Putting on a clarinet reed is the same as a saxophone.