Just a few tips for the saxes this week!
- Be careful with your reed! Watch this video to properly place your reed on your mouthpiece.
- Adjust your neck strap up high enough so that your head doesn't lean or tilt down at all when you play the instrument. Turn your mouthpiece so you are looking straight ahead - and your head isn't tilted to one side.
- Make sure your left hand is on the top and right thumb is hooked under the thumb rest toward the middle of the instrument.
- When you blow into the mouthpiece, put your bottom lip over your teeth and the top teeth on the mouthpiece. Smile a bit and use your tongue to start your sound. Try not to get poofy cheeks!
- Practice page 4 - first 3 notes!